Dalhousie dating society Webcam sex chat recordings
Always used as a hotel, it was also known as Houston's Hotel and the Union House. This style was popular at the time (a vernacular style).
Built in 1862, this is one of the oldest buildings in the core area.
The former site of the Port Mansion which was constructed in 1860 by Bernard Mc Grath and Nathan Pawling.
In 1796, the Crown granted 800 acres of land along the shore of Lake Ontario to Captain Peter Ten Broeck for his services during the American Revolution.
In 1821, 300 of those acres were deeded to Squire Nathan Pawling and made up the first settlement in the area.
The piers were built as part of the construction of the Second Welland Canal in 1838, and provided a more direct entrance point to the locks than those serving the First Welland Canal which took an "L" shaped route under what is now Lakeside Park to the inner harbour. The outer lighthouse (built circa 1879) and the inner lighthouse (constructed circa 1898, to replace an earlier one which was destroyed by lightning) are both local landmarks closely associated with the development of the Welland Canals.
Originally this land was the marshy mouth of Twelve Mile Creek.
Originally farmland, Port Dalhousie soon became a thriving maritime community, owing its existence to the First, Second, and Third Welland Canals and the shipping industry.By 1862, Port Dalhousie was incorporated into a village and in 1961 was amalgamated with the City of St. Your tour begins and ends in Lakeside Park, where ample parking is provided.